I learned to play the blues in Shreveport Louisiana a very long time ago (over 50 years ago). I remember when Hendrix and Clapton were innovative musicians and the Beatles were to commercial to be cool. I learned to make music in bands as a bass player and then transitioned to the six-string guitar through playing cover songs on both the acoustic and electric. I played for several years in local bands and then began performing worship bands.
Lately I have drifted away from cover songs and instead preferring to play my own flavor of improvisational, soft, contemporary jazz in small to midsize venues. Additionally, I have supported a commercial venture in Texas with music tracks for the business’ web site (http://losttexansalsa.com) and a local Nebraska Public Television producer with sound tracks for the network’s films. (http://netnebraska.org/media/media.php?bin=NET&vidgroup=40168201)
I have lived in Alaska, the Netherlands, and a myriad of cities across the mid-west, playing guitar with other musicians wherever I have lived. My palate of music styles, include Fusion Jazz, Urban Blues, Motown, Delta Blues, Bluegrass, Folk, Old School Rock, 50’s Jazz, and Appalachian Mountain Folk. My influences are just a varied: Eric Clapton, Pat Matheny, Miles Davis, BB King, Dave Brubeck, Hank Williams, Jimi Hendrix, Bela Fleck, Carlos Santana, and Charlie Alley.
What People Say about Dan’s Music:
- “Your music is SO peaceful.” – Cherie, business owner.
- “I love the fact that people can dance to your rhythms.” — Nori, fund raiser.
- “I will bring you back for another 6 engagements next year.” – Russ, Non-Profit Group, President.
- “I have never heard such cool, smooth tones from an acoustic instrument.” — David, Restaurant Customer.
- “The vendors have given me rave reviews about your music all day.” – John, Artist.
- “You make great music; it is very calming to listen to.” — James, Engineer.
- “I am listen to a master create wonderful music” — Renee, Pastry Baker.
- “Your music is much more than jazz, it is a positive spiritual force; you make people feel good.” – Sandy, Business Owner.
- “You are a sure thing!” — Linda, Art Promoter.
- “Dan, thank you for coming out to perform for us at our open house! We were very happy to have you, and we received a lot of positive feedback. We certainly hope to have you out again to play another time. Your music gave our special day a very special feel.” — written in a letter from Lisa, a Director and Event Overseer.
- “Dan, everyone really enjoyed and appreciated you and your music! Thanks again for being a part of our celebration” — Dean, Business Owner.
- “What a wonderful job you did this past Saturday!” — Merilee, Event Director for a Major Omaha Outdoor Shopping Mall.
- “The people who come to my place are amazed by how you play and how unassuming your presentation is; customer after customer sit quietly absorbing your music and the peace that you exude.”, Ryan, restaurant owner.
- “Your music is perfect for Art Festivals, so thoughtful and peaceful. Customers are very relaxed and ready to support the arts“, Carol, business owner.